How to enjoy Iced Green tea
Chiltea tokyo | Dec 14, 2018 | Knowledge |
How about enjoying iced green tea for refreshing in this summer? In this page, we introduce you to enjoy iced green tea at home. It will help you to find out the new discovery about Japanese green tea when you taste the umami flavor of green tea.
What is the greatest part of iced tea?
A recent study shows that iced green tea helps to improve immune system because green tea contains 4 kinds of catechin (ex: epigallocatechin, epigallocatechin gallate, epicatechin gallate, and epicatechin) and they are sort of polyphenol. The catechin works to sterilize in case bacteria enter a body.
In addition to these catechin, green tea has caffeine. Catechin plays a role of astringency and caffeine plays a role of bitter, which are easily soluble. Iced green tea can be tasted sweeter than hot green tea because iced green tea can control astringency and bitter taste. Also you can enjoy more umami from amino if you make green tea cold brew. Besides that, it is easy to get more vitamin C from iced green tea. Oolong tea and black tea which are made through the fermentation process cannot be saved vitamin C whose substance is easily oxidizable and soluble so that it is firmly to get these substances by cold brew.
3 Best way to make iced green tea On the Rock
“On the Rock” is the easiest and the quickest way to enjoy iced green tea at home. Literally just pour green tea which just brew into a cup with ice. We recommend you this way when you get a company or want to drink iced tea quickly.
1. Put the leaves (2 tea spoons) into a teapot.
2. Pour hot water (80℃/176F about 180ml) into a teapot. ＊hot water should be cooled to 80℃/176F after boiled.
3. Brew the tea for 30-60 seconds (depends on the tea)
4. Pour the tea into a glass with full ice and stir it a bit for rapid cooling.
Filter in bottle
Nowadays cold brew is getting popular among coffee and tea culture and “Filter in bottle” is the item of supporting the trend. The best characteristic is the umami flavor which spend long hours to brew by the way to dunk leaves into the water. That’s why filter in bottle is getting popular and you can enjoy the umami flavor like broth especially from gyokuro or discover new flavors brewing with fruits if you use it for cold brew.
1. Put leaves into the bottle (1tbsp)
2. Fill the bottle with iced water up to the top (750ml)
3. Set the rid onto the bottle and let the tea brew in the refrigerator for 3-6 hours
4. Before drinking the tea, stir up the tea leaves at the bottom of the bottle so they spread evenly throughout the glass.
Tea bag is useful for hot and iced. If you make it in the morning, you can enjoy it at the lunch time and bring it everywhere!
1. Put 1 tea bag into the bottled water(500ml)
2. Let the tea brew in the refrigerator for 4 hours *In the case of bringing, it is better to prepare by the bottled iced water.
3. After brewing, stir up the bottle to spread evenly.